View Single Post
Old 2007-04-13, 18:29   Link #993
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post

a.f.k. does some awesome subs, and I think they've clearly done the best job for Lucky Star, but sometimes things like that or the "nab a niche audience" (which almost implies the opposite of what Kona meant) get to me. And that's after I'd almost come to terms with "moe" being translated as "turn-on". I still haven't figured out what I think of "Curses" and "wait a tick", but I've been debating that one since the Haruhi days.
"nab a niche audience" was very awkward (as well as the attempted half sentence follow up "I don't know about nab a niche..."
I ended up telling a fellow viewer they were actually referring to a glasses fetish and perhaps should have gone for "attract certain guys..." or something if they weren't going to be literal in the first place.

The rest seemed more on track though I've not had a chance to really listen carefully (trying to get something else finished I said I'd do for someone).
"wait a tick" actually works pretty well with the flavor and flow of "chotto matte"
"moe" vs "turn-on" ....... O.o maybe "super-cute"? or "cuddly"? .... its hard to describe moe in "five words or less" to fit into the conversational flow.