View Single Post
Old 2008-09-11, 12:39   Link #82
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I was talking in general and I referred to Central 46 AND to Yamamoto. My point was that the SS leadership is selfish and hearthless, caring only for the appearance and respect for useless rules, so I listed some examples.
I agree with much of what you're saying, but I think we need to consider that the leadership of SS are men who've been around for centuries, some even longer such as Yammato being like 2000+ years old. While you may think that makes them wiser, I think it makes them stick to tradition alot more. Therefore change is harder and many things are accepted as they were this way for thousands of years. Also considering Yammato is the commander of basically an army, I can understand him leading with an iron fist. Though he's onlly recently taken the role of leading Soul Society as a whole from Central 46's demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Yeah, fair enough. I did consider it but still... For example Hisana had to abandon Rukia and kept her existance a secret, therefore noone knew about her. But Kisaragi was living together with Amagai (Amagai sais his father "was late coming home that night"), there must have been plenty of people, especialy in Kisaragi's squad, that knew about Amagai.
Good point. Definitely would be an oversight by Soul Society if they didn't follow up with the Amagai family activities. Though depending on the circumstances of the killing, he may have left Amagai alone. Even if he did see him as a child, he may not recognize him now.