View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 02:46   Link #32
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Very good episode.

Nothing much I need to say that's not already stated already, except that - while the Light Novel itself probably hasn't updated itself that far - I foresee an eventual showdown between Houtarou and his sister. It is inevitable.

Tomoe is even 'covered up' in the anime because she was way too brilliant.

Also, I can see that Houtarou and his sister's current personalities and actions were developed from the difference between their talents. Their past didn't even need to be sad or explosive; just portray them holding in their opinions and feelings for each other's sake; Tomoe travelling all around so she doesn't pressure her brother and Houtarou doesn't want to ponder about a problem because her sister already knows the answer.

And then Satoshi and Mayaka (and even Chitanda) will realize that Houtarou himself feels the exact same feelings as them (to the point he desires a 'Gray' life) and possibly grow closer and more forgiving as a result.

EDIT: Mentioned it before, but the creators for this anime are absolute genius; it actually outshines the Light Novel itself.