View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 13:20   Link #223
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Psychopaths are not objective. They are extremely self centered and biased! They're thinking "me! me! me!" all the time. They're arrogant.
are you sure you're not mixing up being a psychopath with being selfish and selfcentered?
Yes. Are you claiming that psychopaths are caring, sharing individuals who think about others?
i'm not claiming that, being psycho and selfish aren't exclusive, but they're still different things
your describing them as "arrogant", or the "me me me" part looked to me more fit in describing a sane selfish/selfcentered person than a plain psycho, dunno, it gave me that impression (maybe it's part of my preconception of them lacking empathy both about others and about themselfes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
What do you think, did Urobuchi take this sort of thing into account when designing the Sybil system? The thing about psychopaths being harsher on rule violations than non-psychopaths could be relevant to the way Sybil seems to punish rule breakage (such as listening to non-approved music, etcetera) harshly. But then, on the very pertinent question of what level of harm is acceptable for maximum welfare overall, they're apparently more likely to approve of rule violations. Seems really unclear.
it's possible, doubt he just threw the psycho theme in with no previous research

about them being more likely to approve rule violations, that was about the "unintentionally harming another person" like in incidents, so:
they would judge harder willing violations of rules (any kind of rules they may be, moral or social)
while judjung less harder unwilling violations of rules

Last edited by zeando; 2013-02-17 at 13:33.