View Single Post
Old 2012-11-04, 18:40   Link #30
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Indeed, and it would probably be at least a little off-putting for most people to walk into a room completely covered in posters and filled with paraphernalia of any singular topic. It signifies a certain obsessiveness that few people can identify with. And if the images and items happen to all be of something they're not even familiar with (or might have misconceptions about), then all the more-so.
You're describing a hikkikomori's room, yes? I'd definitely agree that once you reach those levels, people will definitely question many things. I should upload recent pictures of my room at some point though; even this anime-depraved community has no problems with it.

Quote:
I realize your comment is tongue in cheek, but I have to wonder; would people react like that to moderate "furry" features such as the ones Holo possess if they hadn't seen anything like it before? I'm too "inside the bubble" at this point to really tell.
I think the whole "furries" thing has been blown up ridiculously on the internet, and as such people may react in the wrong way, yes. It's become a derogatory term to anyone that voices certain types of personal opinion, and it'd easily transition incorrectly into real life. However, anyone with a semblence of understanding of what happens in anime will probably have no problem with it.

And hey, do as I do if someone questions it- answer them! Put on your game face and don't be afraid to add a little something that might interest them as well. What you should never do is push someone into liking something though.