View Single Post
Old 2011-02-12, 15:42   Link #2060
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
That was my opinion. And looking at Code Geass R2, overall, it was a repeat of ideas used in Season One besides the ending. And Code Geass R2 originally took place in 2017 rather than 2018. And Taniguchi or Okoushi are not involved in the new project. The new series is an expansion of the first year in a different nation: The EU. And the original late night format will return. That is the format that I care about because it was about the dialog of the story rather than the excessive use of fan service.

Also, no one on the production staff is going to say that Code Geass R2 is going to be remade without the risk of losing their job. In addition, I did mentioned that it's not likely that Code Geass R2 will be recreated because it was all about getting to the end of the story as quickly as possible. A very good example are the following:

1. The quick elimination of the Geass Cult, along with the deaths of V.V. and his followers.
2. The destruction of the Britannian Capitol Building in Japan.
3. The destruction of Pendragon in the Britannia.
4. The quick elimination of most of the senior members of the Knight of the Rounds and The Glaston Knights.
5. The deaths of the Britannian Nobility, as well as the special interest groups that were looking to take over the thrown.

Everything in Season Two looked so easy to execute from Lelouch's perspective. Whether he had the geass or not. The five points I have mentioned were extinguished in order to finish the story as quickly as possible. In retrospect, I wished that the production staff had not made the drastic changes to Code Geass R2 for a different audience. I wished that they had kept the original late night format instead of doing a one year reset to the story that overlapped most of the scenes of Season One. And most of the Picture Drama of the R2 DVD's provided very little information that was essential to the story, in contrast to some of the Picture Dramas of Season One. While I stand by my opinion that while a remake is possible, I do admit that it's not likely to happen because Season Two was simply about the end of the story with Lelouch's sacrifice for a better world. That was the power of the Geass: To grant the wish of the user's desire. I certainly hope that the new show provides a better conclusion of events that makes the end of the story compelling to appreciate.
It's funny you mention the latter bolded point in light of the contrivances that occurred due to all the rushing, as it ended up being more like him becoming driven to suicide. He didn't HAVE to sacrifice himself, and he admitted that there were other methods.

Anyways, this is beside the point. The most they can do is tie up any loose ends in future installments.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote