View Single Post
Old 2012-05-18, 20:46   Link #8312
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Huh. I really didn't want to get into this argument again, but oh well.

I think of it as a case of cultural relativity where ST holds radically different values from FT. FT values their "nakama" first and foremost. On the other hand, ST only values strength. If we assume that all their actions were done with this goal in mind, it's understandable that they wouldn't pay attention to "petty" considerations like the welfare of their weaker guild members. Now, if we view the incident from the lens of such a philosophy, it can be interpreted as a warning for anyone who might fail the guild in the future.

Remember, an act is only malicious if a person engages in it out of ill will for another person. If the action is performed with a pragmatic rationale in mind, it would be better classified as extremism.
I'm kinda thinking of it different but i agree that there may not have been ill will. From what he said he did that not because she lost but because she bet her life and lost. For some odd reason i was thinking he was shaming her as much as possible because she treated her own life so lightly... but that's just a shot in the dark in hopes the tengu isnt really a bad guy.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote