View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 13:12   Link #46
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
Chrno Crusade:
Though the ending itself was very fitting and memorable, the final fight was one of the biggest letdowns I've ever seen
You just had to remind me of that one hum? Oh how I felt like crap after that end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
@Akito

I have something else I found baffling about Clannad AS's ending

Spoiler:
I agree with you on that. The Clannad AS end works as the end to the VN (where you naturally only concern yourself you a single girl at any given time) but even then the ending isn't without it's deus ex machina feel. It is still pretty much an enormous deus ex machina and basically shatters the forth wall to make you realize that it's just the game's mechanics working under the guise of some random and unexplained in-universe magic. It is however understandable with some thought to the average player which is something you can't say of the anime. (more in the spoiler-tagged section)

Spoiler for Clannad AS:

Virtually everyone I've pointed the show to has failed to understand the ending on their own.

I love the show but even I can understand that the ending is a major black spot on an otherwise brilliant track record.

Spoiler for Clannad AS again:

/end rant

Contributing something more to the thread than just ranting over Clannad let me add the End of the East finale. The original show was great and kept me on the edge of my seat but the final movies just felt like they rushed through not just the story but also the writing itself. It felt like they just gave up and winged something to end the show.

I can't contribute much more because an ending is such an important thing that unless the show is very recent I tend to forget the details of the one's that disappointed me the most. A memorable ending it half of what it takes to get me to remember a show so I'm a bit at a disadvantage here.