View Single Post
Old 2013-01-12, 20:25   Link #62
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
If I had to rate things objectively, the show is rather flawed, I would give it a 7 or 8.

But for my personal subjective opinion of how much I enjoyed the show, it'd be a 9 or 9.5. There was rarely a minute watching it I wasn't entertained, and I looked forward to each episode eagerly every Saturday like I was a kid again, which not many things can make me do.

Plus I got to have so many delightful arguements about SAO online!
Well in your case I can accept 9.
Because it is not a full perfect score what means you did take flaws into consideration.

For me personally flaws are a huge minus that kills the fun especially if they are glaring so much. I find it hard to enjoy something if I see massive problems unless it is a comedy. Though even there are some standards to be met.
SAO sadly is the show that wanted to be taken seriously.

Won't lie, there are few exceptions for me too. But usually the problems they have don't bug me much.

P.S. Score might be just a number but it plays a huge role when it comes to new viewers. Usually you check how high rating is before actually considering if you want to give it a chance.
Also the main reason why I wrote that statement is because I have encountered quiet a few SAO fans that were screaming "We still have high score so go away!" Actually it happens not only in SAO fandom, even in some of the fandoms I support and to be honest I get really annoyed with those people because they clearly don't stop to think about what actually keeps those score.

Call me a boring person but I like maths and had some free time and actually went through review scores on myanimelist to check my theory. At first I counted them as they are and then changed most of 3-5 to 1-2. Occasionally I would switch 6 to 3. Everything else remained the same. Even with those tiny changes score had dropped by around 0.4. On there show would instantly drop by like 340 places and that's a massive change.

No matter what you say but rating plays big role when it comes to first impression. If it were two different shows but with the same premises, which one would you choose first? The one at spot 130 or the one at 470? Or the one at spot 2?!

Last edited by kitten320; 2013-01-12 at 20:41.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote