View Single Post
Old 2010-02-08, 17:27   Link #1061
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Anyway I'm not surprised the Haruhi movie managed to slip into the top 10 when I consider that there were probably a number of fans who bought more than one ticket (in one case 30) and that there were probably more tickets sold then there were actual seats for the week. In this special case the limited theatre release ought to only be considered a minor handicap that will test the "dedication" of the Haruhi otaku.
I don't think pre-sale tickets count toward the numbers as they do not have a date or time. You still have to trade those in for real tickets on any date. Also, the otaku aren't going to burn through those as you get bonus items if you go back later in the month.

As the pictures above show and 2ch comments indicate, there were really a ton of people and many shows were actually sold completely out.

Edit3: According to a 2ch post, there are approximately 44169 total available seats for haruhi per some unidentified period of time. (This was calculated a few days before it opened and thus would be a lower estimate as more show times were added. A quick math estimation brings up this would be approx 1840 seats per theater which at 5 showings a day would likely mean this is the lower bound on the 2 day max.)

Last edited by bayoab; 2010-02-08 at 17:47.