View Single Post
Old 2007-01-06, 12:45   Link #81
rogueblade

Great news!
TBH, i didn't think DEEN did a bad job first time round. Granted, i've never played the games, but watching the Anime on it's own, i was able to follow it with fair ease most of the time. However, I would have said it needed another couple of episodes to include things that were in the TIPS (Much thanks to Sushi-Y, Kanji, and Lost Blue for all their hard work in those, and translating the last arc!), in order to enhance the story.
However, what the series really lacked was explanation. There seemed to be little explanation of what was going on in terms of the arcs/Rika's signicance in the proceedings, and what had to occur in order for the different events of each arc to happen. It seemed to me like all of that was kind of pushed into the ending moments of the last episode. Also, the arc with that guy from Tokyo meeting little Rika (Akasaka?), seemed incredibally random, without the TIPS. It probably would have been better for that to have been in the second season at the beggining, rather in the first season.
The animation wasn't that bad. Sure, it's not up to Kyoani's standard, but that's not saying it's a munter, either. The only qualm i have is the face-putty thing that goes on occasionally, and the odd distorted perspective shots of faces.

All in all, what i would like DEEN to do for this season is:

Higher quality animation
More explanation on events
A final conclusion.
rogueblade is offline   Reply With Quote