View Single Post
Old 2009-01-02, 20:36   Link #94
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
A little... rather, I find it hard to even think about that unless someone told you it in the first place... There are quite a number of white hair/skin anime characters existing after all, and they don't all suffer from... whatever that's called.
Maybe so, but not all of them I believe have an ability that can block UV-rays.

Anyway,
Quote:
Rather than the problem of true/false, it's more of the fact that it is written by the people who read it that's the problem... Especially with this series where the explanations/results/rules are written in a messy manner... The interpretations are different...

Right~ That's the thing. The author clearly declares his power to connect to his skin, yet she writes the story like it's completely different.
I see... well, retcons happen when an author gets stuck with some contradiction within his/her work. I have experienced this on one of the most retconed stories in the last 2 decades, Warcraft. This series is so prone to retcons that the authors have introduced a new way to fool-proof their alterations -- Flavor Lore.
Spoiler for Flavor Lore, saving space:

Well, lets see if Index's author (due to too much contradictions and not enough research on the science side) resorts to flavor lore in the long run.