View Single Post
Old 2012-12-30, 12:12   Link #2351
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
My computer? Football? What any of that has to do with anything?

I am afraid you are missing the point here. I am saying we could have more magic styles because we have to consider how vast and large the Nanoha universe really is. Dozens of worlds with different civilizations. Just look at our world now you bring that up and tell how many fight styles are just here, how many cultures and different people. I’m just saying we could see more variety on the magic doesn’t matter how good or bad the Mid-Childa and Belka systems are.
What he's saying that, if something is so widespread, evidently more than one people using the same thing is inevitable. Yes, the Nanoha universe is vast and large. But consider the fact that:

A: It's either under TSAB control, or not. As such, if it's the first case, then there's bound to be TSAB mages there. So the youngster might want to learn the new stuff aka Mid Childan, rather than stick to the style of their planet. Some might feel differently, but generally it's always that way.

B: The Saint Church is almost everywhere, even on non-TSAB world. You can apply the same principle above down here, only the reason might a bit different. They might want to become like the people in legends. So the easiest way is to start with the same style AKA Belkan.

Quote:
I am just saying we can and should have more. And shouldn’t be that hard, just look they introduce things on ViVid. Mention them once and then have a character talk about it. This isn’t about if such new styles will be better or worse than Mid-Childa or Belka, is not about fixing them. My point is that: we could see more. That is all I am saying. There is no need to limit yourself to two almost identical magic styles. And before you just start point me out how different Belka and Mid-Childa are just remember that this isn’t the point. I am saying will be nice to see other styles.
Pardon me, but the first line sounds ... conceided. It's just my impression though..

And if it isn't that hard, why don't you introduce one?

You have to take into consideration the author's problem too. How would it function? What it is based on? What's the difference? What make them noteworthy? Any renowed figure using that style? Hundreds of question can come out before you start. And even then, there's still the most important question, would it appeals to the audience?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote