Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-10, 18:52   Link #3047
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
And that's the point. Changing matter/substance's chemical and physical properties with your aura. It's not that only the aura changes.
Except we never see any transmuter do that ever. Hisoka makes his aura sticky and elastic. He doesn't change objects at all. Machi makes her aura thin and threadlike. She doesn't change objects at all. Killua makes his aura electric. He doesn't change objects at all.

Transmutation training involves forming shapes with your aura and moving it around. It doesn't involve objects at all (unlike, say, Reinforcement training which involves hitting rocks with rocks).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I also don't get where people seem to get the idea that Manipulation = Telekinesis, when nothing couldn't be farther from the truth. It has nothing to do with making things move. (unless you give it the order to move and it then does so)
As I mentioned earlier, I completely fail to see the practical difference. Sure, there are a lot of manipulators who specialize in giving orders to living beings (Shalnark, kiss-girl, dog-guy, etc), but there are also manipulators who give orders to inanimate objects. And if you can make an inanimate object do whatever you want, what the hell is the difference when it comes to the end effect? You seem to be acting like it's just telepathy or mind control or something, when it's clearly not. The manipulated object doesn't need a "will" to be manipulated, which means you can use it as telekinesis, or at least to simulate telekinesis. And since telekinesis is not a thing that exists in real life, there is no difference whatsoever.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote