Thread: Licensed Neon Genesis Evangelion
View Single Post
Old 2006-05-11, 09:27   Link #71
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.E.R.O
yeah lillith's freaky.

But wait a second here When unit 01 goes berserk in episode 19 it pops it's shoulder plates off and Ritsuko syas thery'e binders to keep Eva's innate power under control. so why does adam have them? a friend of mine suggested that they were his wings all folded up but i pointed out Eva unit 01 gets wings in EoE and she's got her shoulder plates on. wtf?
There was a great deal of difficulty encountered during the constructions of the EVAs.

As the EVA graveyard showed, they failed countless times before Unit-00 finally survived. You might have noticed that there are different numbers of eyes in some of the 'corpses". Adam's shoulderblades was just another variable, as the EVAs didn't need to look exactly like him.

Adjustments were made as Ritsuko's team went through dead EVAs in the trial-and-error process. The shoulder-blades were not necessary for the EVAs to function, but it clearly was useful as a weapon-storage space. That's why the Kai-version of Unit 00 had the shoulder-blades attached.

The shoulder-blades store the prog-knives on the left shoulder, function as an attachment for the extra batteries in the "The day Tokyo-3 stood still" episode, and Asuka used the right shoulderblade as a secret weapon in the movie.