View Single Post
Old 2007-09-27, 14:38   Link #129
changeup

I have yet to watch the raw, but from what I have seen from the screen shots, I would say it is not a bad ending to such an anime. I would say it is better than most other animes ending around this time, especially the infamous "Claymore" and "Zero no Tsukaima" (both have horrible endings after raising the expectation of most audience).

These being said, I'd say this ending is a little bit too much. Actually, the same could be said of the whole TV series. The TV story was based on the original game but raised to several notches higher. Many story lines were interwined and it reached a dramatic climax in the 10 and 11 episode. The ending just cannot be at the same level as the game endings (some of which already very shocking). It has to exceed it. By exceeding it, the TV story went over the reality. Consider the game endings, although some of them really astonishing, they are realistic, while the TV ending is not. It is dramatic, and the nice boat scene is very beautiful. I think most audience will like this ending. However, I have to say, the TV series is more on the artistic side but not on its realistic side.