View Single Post
Old 2008-04-15, 23:58   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
I am not sure. I am a big old-school Shounen fan, and I have always loved the villian advancement (i.e. Piccolo to Vegeta to Freesia to Androids to Cell to Buu), a steady progression of new more powerful villians. If Blackbeard becomes the final boss, Oda will have done something unique in letting the final boss grow in strength along side the main protagonist. As I said, I would be okay with Blackbeard as a final boss, but he has to firmly prove himself, first. He has to go through a few overpowered life and death struggles (similiar to what Luffy has gone through) before I will agree that he can be a final boss.
The thing is james3wk, is that other powerful characters such as Shanks, Whitebeard, and Dragon haven't encountered any life and death struggles that we know of either and yet you don't say anything about them not being final bosses. Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to start an argument with you. I just feel that by your logic of going through life and death struggles, that other powerful characters who we have yet to see in action should not be eligible for final boss status because they haven't encountered any life and death struggles either. Blackbeard should be no exception by your logic.