View Single Post
Old 2012-05-31, 09:41   Link #410
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Dunno about that. I remember in the first chapters DQ making numerous advances and him not getting any of the hints. Often times she practically had to force herself on Hero to get him to pay attention to those moments. Even the Female Knight in this chapter noted the frustration at his lack of ability to "read the mood" in regards to romance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't remember which chapter it was, but I recall DQ whining about not seeing Hero for a year to HM, then HM secretly taking a meal to Hero. It was then that HM tried to inform him of how DQ felt, but he said he understood her feelings well. He also explains the reasoning behind him acting naive about the situation.
I can't recall the exact chapter either, but yes, this would probably be one of the more direct examples I would use to make my claim. That being said, I'd rather just use all the subtle moments where the Hero really shines (when reflecting on his actions, or amidst them). A prominent example that's stuck in my mind is when he's talking to the butler/archer at the part on the balcony. It's those kinds of moments where you know he's got a firm grasp on the world, and just may not know how to handle it sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
no! I mean, they can playing some trick, where DQ being "abducted" along with all her attendant with Villagers as witnesses.

or may be

Dark Knight can "defeated" by Knight Woman and lift up "Demon Control" from DQ, they can bring DQ to court, and have them freed her "because she is under the spell"

Female Knight become hero by freed "Dark Knight curse" from DQ and all her maid and servant (hero)

DQ freed from "Heretics" accusation

and if it must,

"convert back Dark Knight to (missing) Hero"

yay for Female Knight
As Caithsith mentioned, there's no way this would work. As it doesn't resolve any issues in the long run. Those issues being the crazy King and Commander at Central, and the new Bishop of the Church.

What I love about this manga is that it starts at the end game of any action Shounen manga. The Hero has the strength to literally put down EVERYONE'S army already (no training arc nonsense, or enemy-of-the-day's), and technically force the world to change as he wills it.

The reality is however, that this solves absolutely nothing. This story depicts what happens in those time skips from other stories between where the hero defeats the "Final Boss" and "Happily Ever After". It's where bashing the bad guy's head in is far from the right answer. Every action the major characters take are always taken with the future and aftereffects in mind.