View Single Post
Old 2013-01-08, 06:27   Link #6574
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
There are times when sleep can occur in the say.

In particular, I found myself dozing off during lectures in college, whereby I was in a warm, dark room only lit up by a projector, and the dull droning of the old guy speaking at us. In such situations it was very easy for my eyes to droop. Often I would have an experience similar to what you're describing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Your experience only proves one thing, we are all alike.

Have plenty of normal sleep at the normal hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
So, you're having dreams during very short periods of sleep? If my education has done me proper, it sounds like you went without sleep for a bit and you're a little backlogged on your REM state. As far as your uncontrollable urge to sleep, I'm going to take a flying leap here and guess that it's because you're in a comfortable environment after having been exposed to a less comfortable environment.

Any big psych studiers out there? How am I doing?
Thank for the responses guys. It stopped happened since the last time i posted, but the weather has been getting cooler so maybe it played a small part. But yeah it was after I returned from the lab, so maybe it supposed to be more comfortable dozing off inside a normal classroom than a biological hazardous laboratory

Normally i only fell asleep on bus.

Btw, got a serious question here that need helps.
My friend signed an internet contract (Virgin if anyone want to know), but then cancelled it within cool-down period because he needed to move to a new place. Somehow Virgin did not cancel his contract, and kept stacking up his bills despite he's no longer there. Recently he got notice from a debt collecting company to his new address (he then has been contacting Virgin to solve the issues).

The problem is, that debt collecting firm not supposed to have his new address (they lied that they got it from the contract, but the contract was in the old address). So we are suspecting they somehow kept a record of his name and address in their database (maybe from a different service company e.g. water and energy) and just uses it as they fit. In that case, I don't believe it's legal to keep private information of people as a third party without permissions.

So my question is, is there a specific law to protect private information in that cases (e.g. Privacy Act? ) ? Something which we can use to deter the debt collector from keeping his information for future harassment?