View Single Post
Old 2009-11-03, 17:43   Link #803
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
2) This is a bit personal, but if Touma is able to hide his memory wipe from basically everyone, he's actually pretty intelligent. So why is he so dumb on so many other things?
Supposedly he's "dumb" because he can't develop any esper powers even after going through lots and lots of tiring himself with the esper-in-the-making curriculum, I suppose he's already fed up.

There's also some other proofs he's actually pretty intelligent as how you would've said:

- Figuring out how an opponent's power and attack pattern is not easy, once he figures it out things went pretty much very easy for him.
- Even as he lost his memory he was able to recognize the people he met before his memory was lost, albeit with very little knowledge on who they might be yet managed to play along as if he had met them before, thus raising little suspicion that he actually lost his memories.
- He claims to "know of many esper abilities" and his first encounter with Misaka Mikoto seems to prove this a little as he immediately knew how strong Mikoto was.
- He was able to construct a theory on how the Level 6 experiment can be cancelled, although his solution was either too straightforward or just plain reckless: have the Level 5 be beaten up by a Level 0.

On some other stuff it's either his "Such Misfortune" tagline or that he's just too dense.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----