View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 14:29   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Oh. So that's what Mea's master looks like. (What are the odds that Yuka Iguchi would be playing two little sisters/spies who talk via birds in the same season?) Hayate's always had vaguely weird elements in its entire run - Tama's existence, Santa Claus, etc. - but the birdman here is a little more out there than the stuff I've experienced thus far. He seems more menacing. Even though it was an "important" episode, I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit.

I have a feeling Hayate himself will be the one to deal with the Black Camellia. The bad luck of a clock? That's nothing compared to what he's gone through. That's for later, though. Isumi and Sakuya became at least tertiary characters again, possibly even secondary. Welcome back! And Fumi's intensely personal, intensely weird quiz show got the first real laugh from me in this season. I had small chuckles before, but her completely out of bounds show produced actual laughter. Hayate still has that magic, somewhere.

A bit disappointed that the fourth wall breaking before/after segments are going to end, but if they have to, ending on a note of fanservice~ is a-okay with me. Nagi's time-displaced mom is pretty cute.

Ruka's fairy tale was also intriguing. I suspect it has something to do with either Ruri or Nagi's parents. I'll wait an episode or two to puzzle out the metaphor. It was really nicely animated, too. Love the Droste effect.