Thread: Licensed Kami-sama Hajimemashita
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 19:55   Link #285
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Episode 11

This show is just so delightful. It's impossible not to root for Nanami and Tomoe as a couple.

Was the girl at the party speaking with a Kansai accent? They dropped all the "g's" from the ends of her words in the translation. I thought she was pretty cute, and Misuki missed out on a golden opportunity to commune with a human. Do you suppose she told anyone about his departure? I had to laugh when he sees Tokyo enveloped in a dark haze and thinks back to the Edo period.

Does anyone believe Tomoe bought the hairpin in the contemporary period?

I got sent to Hulu when I watched it and saw an ad for Jack Daniels right after the discussion of Misuki's saki. Seemed appropriate except for the fact that it's a shoujo story for young ladies who are generally not yet old enough to drink!

Probably my favorite scene in this episode:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm more like Tomoe when it comes to roller coasters, but my daughter definitely takes after Nanami! And those earmuffs! Priceless!

By the way, Google translates "hajimemashita" to 始めました in characters and "started" in English. That doesn't make sense. Can anyone else suggest a better translation?

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-12-12 at 20:29.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote