Thread: Licensed Kami-sama Hajimemashita
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 23:09   Link #293
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Watching the episode again, I don't like how they keep dragging Yukiji into the anime. Like PreSage mentioned, Yukiji and the whole thing about Tomoe's black stripes belong to a major arc (it's actually the current manga arc). They should have focused more on the god festival (which is the focus of next week's episode)
I do wonder, it seemed like in the latest episode that he genuinely didn't know about Yukiji and I wonder if removing the black stripes removed his memory of her. Honestly I wouldn't have even thought anything of it except for how oddly placed that scene is and, especially if it's from a very different place in the series, that's the only reason I can think of for adding it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Maybe from the kiss Nanami gives Tomoe to become her familiar? But more likely because it makes it sound like a shoujo anime.
That would make sense; also, from what I've heard it's the Japanese producers who often come up with the weird English translations (see Blast of Tempest which makes no goddamn sense) and after seeing the literal English one I'm not sure if there are any really better versions out there.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote