View Single Post
Old 2007-04-20, 23:53   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
This might get me labelled a fanboy, but what the heck...

I know there's been some grumbling about Hirano Aya's casting as Konata, and accusations of her being brought in as Market-Friendly VA of the Moment. But I'm absolutely loving her work with this character - so far Konata's personality, character design and voice have matched up perfectly.

In fact, I'm struggling to imagine Konata any other way. As a Haibane Renmei fan I have a lot of respect for Hirohashi Ryō, so I feel like I should buy the drama CD just to hear her interpretation of Konata. How do the two compare?

(And yes I have watched ep2, so I fully appreciate the irony of this question )
I think that she was brought in as a lure for new viewers, but that being a fairly hot-blooded and passionate she turned it around and put her absolute best into the role. Hirano makes up for a lack of experience and pure talent by putting as much passion and effort into her roles as possible. When she is playing roles close to her natural self I think she is extremely good.

I don't know enough about the others, but they are doing fine I think, though I would be lying if I said I'm not worried about Chihara Minori. She is like the polar opposite of Hirano-San and lacks any passion in her roles. Even when she's not playing a quiet girl character I find she doesn't seem to be trying hard to emote at all (Which may be why she keeps getting cast in those roles). She's also not particularly talented I find, so this is something I'm not really looking forward too.