View Single Post
Old 2012-06-10, 22:18   Link #1151
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
As much as I would like to say this I don't think so. Teru wins very very quickly for it to be pure skill alone. If we look at the discard table, most of Teru's wins happens before the 6th or 7th go round. That's ridiculously fast for it to be pure skill by the way which is why her opponents are having a hard time stopping her.

Regarding that pon Teru did to stop Toki, it was an awesome move and I'm pretty sure that it was on purpose.
> You discard your unwanted tile but Teru discarded her three circle which is part of the set.
> Beside this it doesn't seem to be a safe tile until Teru discarded it and Toki didn't call ron.
>Also, she blatantly called a pon on the same tile she discarded which is a huge flag that the only reason Teru did it is to change the drawing order.

This takes great skill I admit but what Teru did borders on mind reading. Because to pull this move she have to know that there is a 3 circles in Kirame's hand which she can call pon at.

As Qilin said it must have something to do with the magic mirror that showed in the first hand. In fact, if it weren't for the announcer stating its function, my first guess of the mirror's ability is it allows Teru to see the hands of the opponent.
Yeah... But who will USUALLY do that move though...(That move is usually to confuse others that she throws that safe tile. And that safe tile is considered single. Since she knew that Toki's ability is reading a turn ahead, she also tells the player before Toki(a.k.a Kuro) that that tile you are going to get is dangerous.)