View Single Post
Old 2008-01-03, 15:12   Link #17
rg4619

Quote:
In my opinion, if it isn't broke don't fix it.
This is going to be interesting to see seen as how the first season has already set such a high standard. There is still more chance of it crashing and burning in any case
It's an odd business plan, but you've got to consider why Starchild decided on such a strategy.

I think it boils down to the fact that they're spreading their risk across two different productions instead of a single large one. Even if one series sucks, they have a chance to re-capitalize on the same (popular) IP almost simultaneously.

After all, there was never any guarantee that Doumu would succeed with Minami-ke, especially in light of Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na -Crescent Love- (same director, lead writer, production team). There's also no guarantee that the Shuffle! team will work out.

Appointing two teams from the start also has the side effect of keeping the experience fresh for viewers. However, given the chance that one or more productions might flounder, I think it's mostly a case of setting up two shots at success.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote