View Single Post
Old 2006-09-14, 16:44   Link #73
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Wii sports looks fun too man

Everyone is too much of a downer.

I already have zelda pre-ordered. But Wii sports looks pretty fun. (if you watch those videos)
I understand the desire to be optimistic, but I just can't be optimistic about Wii sports. I even just went to read the previews at IGN and see whether what they had to say could improve my outlook on the matter. From what they said, it sounds like each of the sports will feel no better than a tech demo- offering little lasting entertainment. Their tone was positive, but even for what they called the best of the sports (tennis), they were forced to admit that it would only be good entertainment for short amounts of playtime. Furthermore, they explained that the play is only responsible for swinging the racket- the player runs to meet the ball automatically. Ultimately, it sounds like most of these sports will consist of intermittently swinging the Wiimote to simulate only specific bits of the sport, and the preview also suggests that some of the controls may not be tight. I can't see spending more than 2 hours with Wii Sports.