View Single Post
Old 2011-01-28, 08:48   Link #108
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
LOL! Doesn't surprise me, Poliquinites are a cultish bunch. His routines/methods have given me amazing results (as a powerlifter, my primary interest when it comes to the gym) though, so perhaps he deserves the cult following!
I don't know much about him, but if he can produce results he must be doing something right...also depends what your goal is with your fitness program. All I know about power training is that you should do 4-6 repititions, and while power training can be good for you, hypertrophy (bodybuilding) usually isn't because it involves isolating muscles (which prefer to work together), and can end up cause muscle imbalances.

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendations, I will check out those books. BTW Mr. Hines seems to be an ultramarathoner. While I'm pretty much the opposite type of athlete, I find them fascinating. I wonder if you've ever read Born to Run by Christopher McDougall? It is a wonderful book, both entertaining and informative, about the Tarahumara tribe of Mexico and their amazing long distance running abilities.
He is indeed.

Looks very interesting, will have to give it a read. I've read an article about this tribe once before I think.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote