View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 01:45   Link #239
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
This isn't something unique to Gundam the hardcore fans from the different star trek series I have been having these same sort of fights for decades
Goodness, I'm just finding this out right now. I've recently been rewatching Star Trek in reverse order of series on Youtube (finished Enterprise and Voyager and am now on the 5th season of DS9). And every time I finished watching a video I'm always tempted to just not read the comments because there would always be people who either complain about that particular series or praise it but complain about another Star Trek series instead of just talking about the episode.

As for me I've enjoyed all the Star Trek, Star Wars, and Stargate series/movies. I guess I just have a lower requirement for SCI-FI entertainment than most people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So let me see if I've got your stance straight here, fandom ripping into their favorite franchises for possibly dubious reasons, that's not bitching or complaining in any way and there's no soapbox in sight, that's just the way it is. Me challenging the current status quo of fan behaviour by questioning the necessity, logic and validity of some of the posts in this thread and trying to support it with evidence from the franchise and the very posts being made, now apparently that's bitching, complaining and getting on a soapbox.
I don't know if that's what GundamFan meant. But as for me, while I can somewhat understand why you're acting the way you do, I can also see that there's a difference. The people you say are complaining are doing so towards a series/director/etc. It's a neutral target, if you will. What you're doing, however, is complaining about other posters in this forum.

Now, while I'm not trying to defend those who complain needlessly about a series, at least they're "discussing" the series. What you're doing could, at best, end up being off-topic quickly, if it's not already. Or worse, it could turn into a flame bait and such.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote