View Single Post
Old 2011-07-04, 12:25   Link #34
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitial View Post
First off, no. Coalgirls' old release and Thora's new one are perfectly fine. They understood that text was a unifying factor, and kept it that way, using the same font for all the color frames and the scenery. Plus, the translation is plenty good to leave nothing to be desired.

Secondly, I'd hate to see Nisioisin's Japanese puns and Japanese wordplay and Otaku in-jokes get translated. I bet that if it does get translated they're just gonna Stephen Foster the SHIT out of Bakemonogatari.

And so, the dub will be painful. Besides, no way they can possibly match the original's performances.

There's no rush. Maybe when the industry's matured a but more maybe it's possible.

But right now, it's enough for Bakemonogatari to be a show like that.
What?

I didn't say I want that sleeper called Bakemono licensed nor let localization take over, as it's clearly not for everyone. If Bake doesn't get a green light, I'm okay with it; otherwise they'll have to run it the Rightstuf way: subbed only, nothing more, nothing less except being faithful to the original material, and affordable.