Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-20, 05:40   Link #3002
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
off topic : As for that NEWS tomomi something, is she even in the anime? that's definitely off-topic, and maybe doubly more so since she seems to be out of the AKB48 franchise at the moment and that was a solo project, IIRC some news bit i partly scanned.
No one is succeeding her name so far, but there have been some hints that Mimori may become the next Kasai Tomomi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
They didn't say but
Spoiler for episode 16:
That's likely true. In that case, I wonder what is the backlash that will ensue. After all, lots of Chieri's fans spent their money buying singles to vote for her. Even if Zodiac was pushing her up, like Tsubasa said, the fans have nothing to do with that.

EDIT: We got some interesting info in pieces through those last 3 episodes. While Acchan was still around, there was a General Election every year. We know Yuuko became a successor not long after that past General Election we were shown, and from Yuuko words, she never got to compete with Acchan on a future election. This means Acchan disappeared in less than a year after that election. 4 years ago on Lancastar, Acchan was still around and Yuuko already was a successor. This does means Acchan disappeared around 4-3 years ago.
This is another point against the Heart-gata manga being canon, as it shows Kanata as kenkyusei while Acchan was still around.
Now another interesting info from this episode is that the General Elections winner becomes center, but may not necessarily become Center Nova. While we don’t know exactly how that is chosen (I would guess it’s a Sensei-sensei decision), this is one point in favor of Episode 0 being canon. Furea could have just become a center, without becoming Center Nova, so it wouldn’t be against continuity. There is still the matter of Sae 10th appearing there, although that may just been a stupid mistake. There is still a bit things that don’t work well, as in the manga it does seems like the senbatsu and center is choses based on which name a girl succeeds rather than thought elections as it is now.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2013-01-20 at 07:09.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote