View Single Post
Old 2007-12-22, 17:57   Link #31
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfodder View Post
unfortunately for the hardcore manga purists the anime fan base is barely made up of a quarter of them although they are the most vocal to whine about anime series not meeting their expectations anime companies have decided to cater to the anime fans and not those who feel the books must be copied exactly to the very last detail.

personally I really don't care if an anime series follows the original books as long as the series is enjoyable to watch as it is regardless of its original story line.

the only time a change in story should be argued is if the story itself is changed against the wishes of its author and I will support an authors fight against the production company that has done so. another time(although not the same circumstance) would be as an example one piece which was butchered by 4kids to reduce its rating to the point where the anime could not even make sense after editing but that was an editing issue the anime already existed in its original form.

so for the great majority of cases I really don't give much weight to the constant whining of the purists too many threads get filled with "but in the manga it was this way so I hate the anime" IMHO tough nuggies for you whiners most of the series you deride are still very funny and entertaining as they are and I'm glad I've watched them how about taking that lemon out of your mouths and enjoy whats there instead of puckering up for another round of whining maybe a lot of threads would make for much better reading.
I don't really blame the diversion from the story myself it's the huge rush they put on everything that bugged me.

not to say i didn't enjoy the second season I'm perverted enough to enjoy watching slapstick ecchi scenes although rewatchability really disappears to me if they do that and make the story just skin deep.

nonetheless looking forward to the third season maybe they'll explain what rly happened instead of "big boobed fairy saves the day" and the show is still freaking hilarious I don't care what anyone says that it's done in poor taste or whatever it's still freaking hilarious to me and I'll still enjoy it just for that.
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote