View Single Post
Old 2007-10-26, 04:39   Link #96
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Would you please stop using characters outside of CLANNAD for reference? For one thing I don't watch as much anime as you otakus, so don't assume I know about the other characters about other series. All I'm here to debate is weather Kyou is a tsundere or not, and I'm standing firm by saying Kyou is never tsun, her hot-headed moments are actually her way of showing love/friendliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreater1 View Post
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
I go by the more flexible definition: "cold on the outside, warm on the inside". It can be expressed physically or emotionally. "Cold" can mean being violent, or rude (in a cheerful or menacing way). "Warm" can mean feeling insecure, embarrassed. and any of the more "girly" traits. And it can also apply on RL ladies, like Vexx's wife, for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreater1
Erm... excuse me... who gave you an idea that ignoring someone is being a tsun?
There you go. Or are you saying ignoring someone is not cold, but very warm? Tomoyo is a tsundere character because she acted cold towards Tomoya in the beginning as well and fell in love with him later on.

Quote:
Thats is why I can help but wonder why can't you see her hot-headed side which is already evident all throughout the three episode. Her first appearance already showed her hot-headed attitude, in a hostile way though.
Her violent acts are all acts of friendliness, not being hostile. For example, take her first appearance where Ryou was doing a fortune tell with Tomoya. She was attacking Tomoya because she thought Tomoya was bullying Ryou. The main objective of the attack was because she was trying to protect her sister not assault Tomoya.

Quote:
Nope, they don't need to act towards the same person. And Kyou has never acted hotheaded towards Tomoya in the game? She's almost always hotheaded when she's talking to Tomoya which makes me wonder again why you think that isn't what being hotheaded means. If most of her angry/fierce/hot-tempered actions towards Tomoya isn't because she's being hotheaded, then what is hotheaded to you? Anyway, you're adding another unnecessary reason (talking about acting towards the same person). I thought the wiki has explained it too well...
Well if they don't need to act towards the same person then things won't work! Or are you saying Misae is a tsundere because she is beating the rugby team up and being kind to Tomoya? And Fuko is a tsundere because he beats up Sunohara up but not Tomoya? Or if we are in an anime where there are two fractions fighting each other, then basically everyone is a tsundere because they're acting tsun towards the enemies and dere to some of their comrades! We can't have that, right?

And therefore, when looking at the tsun and dere moments of Kyou we have to make sure we are looking at the same person. It's like doing a scientific experiment. We keep every factor constant and monitor two changing factor. For Kyou's case, the changing factor is the situation and her mood.