View Single Post
Old 2015-05-13, 08:13   Link #14
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
(1) K-on! = Sentai / Kill La Kill & Madoka = Aniplex USA
All 3 I think were dubbed by Bang Zoom
The one Sentai License K-on, the first season was originally licensed by Bandai which could be one reason Sentai decided to outsource the second season and the Movie to the same dub company rather than dub themselves.
Bandai was the original license holder for the first season of K-On, and Sentai got season 2 around the time Bandai closed their doors and to keep parity with the first series they outsourced the dub to bang zoom instead of doing it in house (they did the same with Rozen Maiden Ouverture (however they didn't with the newer series) and ADV outsourced the Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy dub to the team that did the first to maintain parity between the two seasons, but that was the only time they did that).

My only two issues with sentais dubs is that they didn't bother with casting when it came to dubbing clannad, and with high school of the dead: drifters of the dead they didn't even bother checking that everything matched up (there are really obvious lip sync issues at the start).

More of this hate should really be pointed at NISA since they've already dropped a massive dub clanger with toradora (and I'm not the only one who things they made a complete mess of it), and their most likely going to ruin love live and the other series they've now cued up to be dubbed.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote