Thread: Tales of Graces
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-08, 03:12   Link #60
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You are insulting it, you're insinuating that the dungeons serve no developing purpose other than to extend the length of the game. Which I prove it wasn't. And how is Celsius and the few others considered filler? it seems to me you just want things to be effortless.

Your statement within itself is hypocritical. How can something be important to the plot and be a waste of time at the same time. That is the point that fails as any kind of logic.
You just said they weren't! I was using your post as my basis! Your description of Gnome is:

Quote:
the final summon, it was after this pact was formed is when the mistake was realized. It was here that separating the worlds wasn't the right thing to do. Although nothing majorly character developing, but it impacted the story drastically since it was a major turning point.
IE: Absolutely nothing that has anything to do with Gnome. It could've happened earlier, with any of them. It could've happened with the first one, if all the other stuff hadn't happened (not that that would make any sense in this particular case). It just wasn't... important, on its own merits. It was simply the last of a series of Plot Coupons.

Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite RPGs ever. That doesn't mean it's perfect, and even if it was perfect I wouldn't want all its sequels to be identical to it. It just happens to have this minor flaw that can be easily solved.

Edit: How about we think of it this way. Less spirits, not no spirits. Would the plot of ToS be significantly different had there been 2-3 less spirits? I say no, it would be almost exactly the same. Do you disagree?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote