Thread: Licensed Toriko
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 16:24   Link #677
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You know, upon giving it some more thought, I think this is one of those times where the series' super-speedy pacing actually works AGAINST it. Like, even if they're just the "limbs" of an even greater monster, the 4 beasts are still our first real introduction to Gourmet World-level monsters. So I'd kind of think that the battles against the limbs alone would last a weeeee bit longer than 3 chapters. I'm not saying that it should be dragged out to 50 chapters or something, but I just figure that maybe each individual fight could have taken their time and at least had 2-3 chapters of focus to make them more interesting. Heck, part of the reason why I loved the Ice Hell arc was that the fights actually took their time (and mind you, most of these fights were focused on side characters who WEREN'T one of the Four Heavenly Kings).

So tl;dr, while dragging out fights may not be the best option, rushing them isn't really the best decision, either. So here's to hoping that the upcoming battles against the main body+mastermind will actually have a more reasonable pace than the limbs did.....
Nope. It ended when it had to. It wasn't either dragged or rushed, and the buildup doesn't matter as well, I've seen plenty of short, very short battles that had a huge buildup and foreshadowing. What matters is the meaning it holds, because afterall, these 4 beasts were all mindless, they had no control over their bodies.

To put it bluntly: the 4 beasts just served to showcase how strong the kings got, as well as their new improved movements.

Now, with the big foe and the mastermind in the shadows, is where the real big battle begins.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote