View Single Post
Old 2013-03-26, 11:35   Link #693
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Welp, from the looks of it the reboot might be delayed, which in part explains why there's been no news even though the Summer season is fast approaching. Someone said it's because Toei is still trying to decide which audience to target the show for (i.e. teens/young adults or young children). I'm hoping for the former, but the point of a reboot is to attract a new audience, so I hope whatever the delay is it will serve to make the show better in the end.
I don't know if there's any sign of delays at all. Most anime get revealed only a couple of months before they air - Dokidoki Precure, for example was announced at the end of November 2012, and it premiered at the beginning of February. If we assume that Sailor Moon 2013 is supposed to air in early July, the same schedule woud mean we would start getting more news about it in late April. By the way, has Toei been confirmed as the production studio yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And figure out what they want to do with Sailor V in story before Venus joins the rest of them.
Outside of flashbacks and Usagi's fangirlism, they'll probably ignore Sailor V. Its story fits into a really weird spot where there's no good way of making any anime about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
There is no chance that it will become vaporware, but there have been other reboots with disastrous ratings that had to be shelved earlier than expected. So this can be a mere 12 episodes if the productions costs are higher than the revenue they get from the show (be it trough publicity or BD sales).
Sailor Moon is one of Kodansha's most important properties, so they're not going to be shy about showering it with money. In terms of resources, it should be getting the same kind of treatment that Saint Seiya Omega gets. A one-cour Sailor Moon remake isn't in the books at all. Also, ratings and BD sales aren't going to be nearly as important as for other shows because Kodansha is looking for worldwide exposure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This suddenly sounds like the Persona 3 Movie where they announced it too early and have no updates to show.
Isn't that completely normal for movies though?