View Single Post
Old 2008-03-05, 00:26   Link #1296
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
@ Ledgem, if you going to remake a picture.. You'll have to revector everything. Stretching /resizing a picture to bigger size is just making picture worst.

Anime community refer the technique as vectoring.. but you can also google for vexel art to see vector of real lifes and stuff.
Well, here's what I'd be recreating (from scratch, mind you - I want to avoid resizing and vectorizing if I can help it):

The text on the inside would be the division logo instead of that "New Topic". I can swipe the division logo off of the main website, but it's rather small. I realized that I might have to vectorize the logo text, or I could probably match the font and recreate it myself (I've asked the director if he can find out which font was used, but there's a high turnover rate and everything's pretty disorganized so I'm not holding out on it).

However, that button effect should be easy enough to emulate. The Photoshop tutorial that I was thinking of to emulate the shiny part of the button was step #17 of this tutorial. I haven't tried it yet but I don't think it's the method that they used. It might look better, though... if I can't emulate it 100% I'll probably just go with that method, unless it makes it look worse.