View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 11:08   Link #364
novalysis

The first Episode was a Meta-fest, and about as close as a Harem Anime could go to a brutally honest critique of the flaws of the Harem Genre. Along the way, the Pot-shots they took at critiques of Moe and 4-koma Slice of Life was rather interesting. And the pot-shot at continuity resets were hilarious too.

But, from what I gather (and I have NOT watched the first season), the big problem is that there seems to be only ONE conflict. Everyone in the Student Council is leaving school by the end of the year. So I'd imagine handling partings and Farewells as a major theme in LV2.

Then, there's the question of whether our protagonist can capture Valedictorian again, this year.

Another theme I think might be forming is : who is going to replace the Student Council? That's another interesting angle actually - the social jockeying of positions, around a boy considered the hottest property in school, but one your predecessors encourage you to mess around with.

If indeed, this a theme, then Episode 0 might make sense. Our MC's rival may be part of the successor Student Council, and LV2 is about our MC acquiring a new Harem, by running into candidates for the next Student Council, each with their own stories, issues and personalities.

But, will they run with the concept? Well, on one hand, the producers seem to be very self-aware. On the other hand, one wonders whether they would stick to a bunch of girls in a Student Council talking about random matters, in the vein of Joshiraku (which seems to be the direction that this Episode decided on), or whether indeed, the Producers realize the premise they are sitting on.

This could either be as awesome as Clannad Afterstory, or a horrifically forgettable flop only remembered for it's Super Meta First Episode condemnation of the Harem Genre.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote