View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 17:58   Link #193
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't think it was unpopular during the first 13 episodes (I was rooting for them), but later... yeah...
Yeah, I liked Amata/Mikono during the first 13 episodes myself. But they've just dragged it out too long, and made the alternatives look more compelling or at least more interesting, imo.

In retrospect, they probably should have had Mikono romantically confess to Amata before she went after Fudo. It could have been a powerful, effective, timely scene. They could have it be setup that Mikono pushed herself to do it in light of Zessica's confession.

That one change could have really helped, I think.

Quote:

It isn't that ZessicaxAmata is popular.

Male audience is less concerned about that. They like Zessica as character, they like MIX and Yunoha and Sanzanka. Some like Mikono, but they are outnumbered by her insane hatred.

The female audience prefer their bad boys pairings.

Amata isn't very popular either. Jin and Kagura have always been more popular. He's mostly ignored rather than hated. Last episode bought him woobie points and people are hating on his parents now.
Not that different from us on Anime Suki then.

Truly, I don't want Zessica/Amata now. It would feel like one of the cheapest plot twists of all time now.

I just hope that Zessica gets either a semi-happy ending, or failing that, a Shrade-level sendoff. Realistically speaking, I think that a Shrade-level sendoff is the best we can hope for when it comes to Zessica...