View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 07:15   Link #67
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Did you not watch gen 2 at all? Zeheart was following Ezelcant based on idea that everything was being done to save the Vagan. He wanted to stay in Tordia and live a normal life because that's where he was happy, but he points out that he can't do that while there people dying of disease in Mars.
Don't disagree on anything you are saying there, and yes, i did infact watch Gen 2, i've rewatched Gen 2 many times, since it's my favorite part of AGE.

Him wanting to say in Tordia is perfectly understandable, which brings up the subplot of his, Romary and Asemu's friendship which pretty much defined his character in Gen 2.

Quote:
He obviously wasn't die hard enough because he put friendship over the cause on more than one occasion, and despite the whole "i'll kill you" bs he said 100 times, he never went through with it. He always ended putting friendship before Ezelcant.
No, he didn't, he choose to spare a friend because he was conflicted, he still went on following Ezelcant's plan during Gen 2, not once did he say "Hey, you know what, i'm going to give up on this entire crusade and put my weapon down, because you are my friend"

Zeheart was always loyal to Ezelcant, hell, from what the flashbacks showed, Ezelcant was somewhat of a father figure to him.

He followed Ezelcant's plan when he thought it was meant to save the Vagan people, and he is following Ezelcant's plan now aswell. If anything Zeheart always thought of Ezelcant as a noble person who would give his own life for the Vagan people's cause, he adores the person so much he took his will and bet his life on it against Sid

Quote:
Towards the end of Gen 2, once Asemu had served his purpose and the pods had escaped the fortress, Zeheart went out of his way, and almost lost his life trying to protect his friend.
He sure did, as i said before, Zeheart was conflicted, did you not catch that during Gen 2? During Gen 3 without seeing Asemu for 20? years, he doesnt seem to care that much anymore.

Quote:
Does that even remotely sound like the asshole he turned into the moment Ezelcant asked him to follow in his madness? The way his character was developed in Gen 2, and in the early parts of Gen 3 ( Olivernotes incident aside) he would've never accepted to carry out Eden just as Ezelcant intended. He would have kept the stance he took during the conversation, not flit flop on his convictions so easily.
it seemed like he was afraid that Ezelcant was some evil dictator with a godcomplex, not the noble broken man he managed to make himself look like when he finished his madness speech
Spoiler for opinion:

Quote:
You do not go from caring commander who doesn't waste people's lives to death ray firing psychopath just because your boss, who was lying and using you, suddenly opens up to you and asks you to follow him in his madness. that is bad writing any way you look at it.
Oh god yes. AGE Suffers from terrible terrible writing, but i think Zeheart is one of the characters who do make sense going from Gen2 - Gen3, too bad we dont know what happened inbetween.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote