View Single Post
Old 2009-09-13, 15:54   Link #131
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
We don't know how wolf minds work. Despite all the advanced things they do, I doubt they build memories the way adult humans do. It's not necessary. For example, I remember how to walk. I don't remember learning it. For a wolf, it'd be enough to remember how to hunt and fight and mate. Do they even need to learn much of that?
Actually wolves do have a memory. Like that incident with filming group back in 1993 where operator helped wolves to save one of their pups and a year later they still remembered him.

It is unclear how their memory works, but it is obvious that they do store past events in their brains. It may be not as good as elephant's but they do have it.

Quote:
If I do not have the memory now, but is conscious that I once had it, then it's still valid. I of course would not normally talk about things I don't have anything to talk about then, right? Also, may forget everything, but I would always remember what my origin was. If I really had chimpanzee as my parents, I would regard myself as a chimpanzee.

Like Horo, she may knows that she was once a wolf and grew up, but it's so vague she has nothing to say about it except that "I was once a normal wolf," and therefore she does not talk about it.

Or she may have her pride in being a god-wolf, despite her origin was a normal wolf, so she does not talk about it.

Or, as I said, god-wolf is rare, so once a god-wolf encounter another, they stick. After all, they can hang out as human together, and there's not really a point in wandering around a normal wolf pack. So they just travel together for hundreds of years. So, of course, her friends occupied her mind for hundred years, why should she talk about normal wolves? How often would you talk about your great grand father in a bars?
It is not vague. It is non-existent at all she cannot assume she was a wolf, becase wolves and god-wolves are different. She cannot assume she and past of normal wolf since she is different from wolf and she lacks ay memories regarding her past so it would be c ore natural to assume she was god-wolf since the birth.

For me it looks like wolf-gods are completely different species from wolves. They are close enough to understand how thy think and able to communicate but are different species. Like humans and chimpanzees.

Quote:
Not to care for philosophy is to be a true philosopher
Lol, and pretty much all of the philosophers ignored that with an exception of maybe Socrates. But again it is not clear how much of what we know is the real Socrates and how much is the idealized image of philosopher that Plato created.