View Single Post
Old 2011-08-14, 03:41   Link #212
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Regardless of the method Okabe uses, does it seriously matter how he got his handphone?

I would even say logically, the way Okabe approached Moeka right from the start was too dangerous for the following reasons:

1) Suzuha never managed to subdue Moeka on any of her attempts of assasination despite her skills. This would more or less give Okabe some knowledge on her ability when it comes to combat.

2) Okabe himself has been shown to be weak when it comes to stamina(due to lack of exercise)

3) Combining these 2 reasons, it would be a bad idea to go alone into Moeka's house, without knowledge on the chance of her having any backup nearby.

4) Making it worse, he did not bring any self defense weapon with him.(High possibility of Moeka having a gun and at least Okabe brought a fake gun with him when he tried to meet Moeka alone the last time)
1) Suzuha never actually went head to head with Moeka. In all the fights Suzuha took down the 5 guys before Moeka can react to stop her when she had an opening. Thus it's actually fair to say that Moeka's fighting ability is well below Suzuha.

2) He's just bad at running, but he's not weak, he's managed to carry a CRT TV himself in episode one. So he's got a bit of strength in him.

3) Obake has the advantage of knowing that he is definitely not going to die that day due to the Attraction Field theory which sealed his fate such that his can only die 15 years later in the Alpha timeline, plus he had already "lived" through this day on this time line to prove that he would 100% not die. So whatever happens, the Attraction Field would make sure that he's going to be ok this day.

4) Putting this together yes he was reckless, but not unreasonable, with his approach. Since it's almost like he is going into a game with God-mode switched on.