View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 10:45   Link #433
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Is this a record in Animesuki history?

It seems that SAO (and Muv Luv) are the blockbuster animes of this season. Speaking of which, does anyone have stats for SAO for /a/ ? I remembered that there was much talk about that during Madoka Magica's run about how Madoka Magica was the most talked about on /a/s ever. Could SAO beat out Madoka Magica?

Or has the rules here changed?
Since people keep continuing to ask about this I'll answer. No it's not, in fact even going back 4-5 years this was actually more the norm for a lot of popular series threads. Code Geass and Gundam 00 for example would reach this length in hours as opposed to a week and often went well beyond a thousand pages per episode, but like Aprah mentioned about /a a lot of that content was just bashing and people giving one sentence long posts that were pretty much just repetitions of the same basic idea. I don't really see why it's a competiton or what exactly needs to be "beaten" here though or what that's even supposed to mean cause frankly if anyone wanted to they could generate a fuck ton of noise in a thread just to get the post count up and it'd be of no value to anyone in a week or so.

So yeah it should come as no surprise that I'm for quality of discussion versus quantity. Anyway on a more amusing note I think this video best describes how I view the whole culture surrounding SAO this week.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-07-10 at 10:58.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote