View Single Post
Old 2012-12-27, 06:06   Link #181
garbage

mmm fashionably late( or not ) as usual...

well, I wasn't planning on writing much, here since am a bit tired, but just wanted to put a couple of thoughts in.

- this is a gem of an episode. really gripping from start to finish. just some bits of flaws to be sure but over-all great.

- seems like a lot of people has this notion/image of Akane being especially pathetic this episode, and I say it's so easy for online Keyboard Warriors to judge what's pathetic or not. I dare this same people to act better than that in a real situation, most can't even lift a finger or move a single freaking inch seeing a crime being committed right before their very eyes. Add to that having your (best?)friend threatened like that,all the while your whole world belief AND TRAINING turned Topsy-turvy. Oh and did I mention she has most probably never held or probably even seen a shotgun before. And while you're at it, it's not as if that shotgun is oooh so easy to use, it's not a ball-pen! And yes all of this happening, after seeing Kogami all shot up and being bullied and wrongfully blamed by Ginzo.

-[frm previous episode: akane did have the right ides though, to call for back up immediately, hmm can't remember/understand why Kogami shot that idea down, this is one time, Akane's instinct was better than Kogami's]

- and men! where the hell are those back-ups! gosh I know it's for plot reasons,but hey it seems those other guys are just always so late to the party, sigh! keep wishing masaoka would jump right out before poor yuki was killed, but yeah story needed Akane alone then.

- Boy, again what a useless weapon the Dominator is, ( ok maybe useless is a bit much ^^) and slow as hell. and no manual override for at least the stun mode ( WTH I don't really see any big problem with this) and no back-ups ( why not a separate stun gun then??) ,oh yeah they do have those lightning rods. Akane could have been lucky if she threw one of those to Makishima(/sarcasm). better she should have just thrown the Dominator, useless piece of.....oh yeah it's not useless ( sorry still affected by what happened to yuki)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
snip~
well you could argue to hell and back if Makishima is killing people himself by helping other do so. But he definitely is an accessory, a very involved one for that matter. I fact in today's courts it could already be argued he is more than accessory.
now this :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
I'm not going to argue that he has the good of society in mind in the things he does because he probably doesn't, but he sure as heck isn't thinking of something as petty as killing people for fun.
well I'm not sure how you are seeing Makishima but he sure as hell looks like having fun doing these things, not to mention messing with Kogami and Akane. You can even say he's doing this to affirm his existence, which always seem to fall through Sybils "cracks", than any revolutionary idea. definitely a personal satisfaction thing, as I can see from his words.

Last edited by garbage; 2012-12-27 at 06:43. Reason: additions