View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 22:34   Link #10
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

A setting with potential, but it disappointed.
A lackluster cast of characters, but it was entertaining (at least compared to the story).

Story-
Not exactly interesting, but the fact it continued to add settings for the sake of moving the plot only hurt it more. And it continued to add settings in the last episode. Plenty of anime do it, unfortunately, but at least it doesn't seem to happen every arc and if it was interesting, then it would be forgivable. But settings like "Oh yeah, we never told you, but there is a type of battle that requires you to wager all of your points" just to rid Noumi forever only causes a "...Heh~?".
There wasn't even an explanation about that girl that suddenly appeared in the battlefield and turned everything to ocean.

Characters-
I guess the protagonist is supposed to be a pig, some fat kid, but to be honest, he feels deformed even for just a fat kid. Yeah, if you search the entire world, you'll find someone that looks like this, but I don't know it. Because of this deformation, it is oh-so-distracting-and-entertaining whenever..... anything happens with him, whether he pushes someone on the bed or we see him naked.

Heroine........... Well, aside from the fact she didn't appear much in the end and another girl came along that was more attractive, the main thing I noticed was her lackluster voice actor. Because the character herself doesn't speak loudly, it isn't quite noticeable, but then she shouts and it comes out flat. Then you are reminded.

Speaking of lackluster voice-acting, if you can't act, then please don't volunteer to speak during an important scene, Mr. Author.
Take a look at Hidamari Sketch? One line. Inserted in breaks.

And the rest of the characters didn't really matter, so forget them (Taku, Chiyu, Niko-channel)

But in the midst of all this mediocre-ism, came Noumi's arc.
Hey, it was bad. The foundation for the arc itself wasn't steady, with a flawed threat treated as if it perfect and Noumi's character wasn't that interesting itself, it was entertaining. Why wouldn't it be? NTR (unfortunately just a dream), facial distortions, all of that silly stuff.
Wasn't good, but I had fun watching Noumi be a jerk. Helped that I didn't care about his victims.
Not good enough of a character to make me want to avatar him though. Ew.

OP/ED didn't leave much impression. I think the first ED was good though.

So in general, I'd say 6/10.
Definitely not a good series, but an interesting setting kept it from getting dead boring. And it was pretty much one of those mangas in the shonen magazine, flaws and development of battles.
Anyways, the setting at least was good.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)