Thread: Licensed Dragonaut ~ The Resonance
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-26, 00:47   Link #1002
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
So you're saying that he was conscious then becomes an embryo then becomes conscious again like chicken will one day goes back to being an egg then become a chicken again? Well, whatever.
Err, you probably shouldn't apply actual science to the show. As a lot of folks have pointed out already, this show is purely science fiction and the dragons themselves are the best example of that. We don't know the rules of how they're born or what kind of maturation they go through. For all we know, a Resonance may endow the dragon eggs with all the basic information needed to be human and that would explain why there isn't an infant or juvenile stage to them. A good question to think about though. I wonder what the purpose of the Resonance is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu_Hikaru View Post
The most obvious metaphor here is resonance for sex. It's so crass. I mean riding somebody!WTF!!!! The couples are totally outrageous. A dirty old man and a prepubescent girl. Her dog and the geezer have the same name, for f***'s sakes!To me, personally, it's just creepy. And the gay ones! They insult the gay community as a whole. And that thing of Jin carry the girl and dog carrying the girl. I am scarred for life with such images. Does that mean that I have to see it *all* to say it's crap? I won't subject my psyche to more of such visual traumas, I like myself!
Have you actually watched the show or did you just skim it so you could troll?

The most obvious metaphor for Resonance is soulmate. The partners look to be connected by an unspoken bond and the form and personality of the dragon looks to be influenced by the person it's bonded too. All the pairings work like that for the most part.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote