Thread: Licensed Omamori Himari [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-08, 03:14   Link #333
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
how many chinese chapter are there? and where can i get it? >.< i kind of have to resort to reading manga online since singapore, my country need to be at least 18 to buy manga such as omamori himari just bz there is some nude and gore scene>.< pathetic rite my country>.<
Maahh~ I can answer you first question and that is from this morning onwards, there are a total of 26 chapters out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I wonder what people think of the fanservice in this manga? The anime adaptation of Kanokon, for example, has butt-tons of fanservice but people frequently say that it's too much. Omamori Himari has lots of fanservice too, but somehow it doesn't feel overdone and even feels appropriate. Dunno, maybe it's cause they pair the fanservice with such charming characters like Himari, Shizuku, or cause the manga's clearly having fun with it. (like that random fanservice shot of Himari and Shizuku in the chap where Rinko and Yuuto go to the temple. Like the mangaka's going, "What should I put here... Oh I know, mwahahahaha!!!")
To be honest, I don't know exactly... I haven't been giving much thought on that subject

I can't relate to Kanokon because I don't read it, but I can relate to To-Love-Ru which I assume people that have problems with Kanokon, would have the same problems with To-Love-Ru.

So if I have to say something, then I guess Omamori Himari just have better taste in fanservice. It flows smoothly here than in To-Love-Ru where it feels like it's being thrown into your face.

Characters also played an important part. Himari, going against the traditions of the big-boobed characters, is quite a deep character as well as playful. Yuuto, though not exactly an outstanding person, is at the very least acceptable. And personally, I like a guy who knows how to enjoy himself and doesn't meltdown everytime he gets into a compromising situation
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote