View Single Post
Old 2007-03-02, 14:35   Link #33
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
Thought I'd point out some stuff in case some people are sitting on the fence. Initially (yesterday) when I saw that the sale was going to be "select ADV" titles (select seems to mean pre-2006), I was going to pass on the sale. ADV is always really good at thinpacking their collections (most of these are already thinpacked), so I was thinking I wouldn't end up saving very much money.
However, after I thought about it for a little bit, I realized that I was very wrong. If you get the 25 DVD's, you're spending $4 a DVD, meaning a series like Chrono Crusade (7 DVDs) costs $28, as opposed to $50-something (at DVDPacific) for the thinpack.
There is also a catch. ADV removes the extras from the thinpaks. If you do not mind this, then the thinpaks may be cheaper. Your math is right, but it depends on the series. For some series, this is NOT a sale. The price is the same or more expensive than the thinpaks. If you don't mind the lack of extras, the thinpaks might be the way to go. This is deal but not a great one. (Angelic layer comes to mind where the thinpak is going for ~$28.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote