Thread: Yoko Kanno
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-30, 00:37   Link #13
Biswa

Bahahahha. It looks like i posted this almost exactly 1 year ago. Now i can come back and reflect on what i said and after having listened to a LOT more of Yoko Kanno's music, i can say some things about it.

Now, when someone says "bad tracK" it's entirely subjective. But what makes Yoko Kanno special is her creativity in her music, as well as a professional and absolute effort in all of her music. Therefore, i would say she really hasn't made a bad track. Some of her tracks may be difficult to listen to and enjoy, but a song's strangeness has reasons too. Sometimes the weird tracks go very well into the show. So sometimes watching a show actually makes the songs sound better.
So it may not be really bad music, but just difficult music to get used to. Sometimes i'd have to listen to a song several times before it clicks and i get addicted to it. (This was true with Inner Universe... i was freaked out by that song at first. I thought it sounded too weird :P). The day i'll find one of her tracks "bad" is when it sounds hackneyed with no effort put into it. I HOPE she dosen't do that .
Anyway, i am also currently hooked on Ghost in the Shell: SAC soundtracks. Anyoen else :P?
Biswa is offline   Reply With Quote